Current News | News Page 2 | News Page 3 | News Page 4
February 10, 2016
Bill C-45 and the New Health and Safety Crime OHS Criminal Negligence
Offer training on-line to your Supervisors, Managers, General Manager, Vice President’s, Presidents, and Directors to reduce the risk to OHS Charges. Reduce the risk of being charged for violation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations by the police - in any province of Canada for failing to ensure workers are properly instructed on how to work safely. Management shall provide the proper Occupational Health and Safety training to all its workers, it’s not enough to provide OHS training without a written test with a 80% pass mark, Management shall provide written instruction on how to operate equipment – (verbal instructions are not enough) and will not protect management if there is a critical injury or the death of a worker. Management who have not met their obligations to protect workers will find it very costly, it is the companies responsibility to ensure workers are protected, take the on-line training to reduce the risk of work place injuries. Bill C-45 and the New Health and Safety Crime OHS Criminal Negligence Training is available 24/7 on-line at www.advantagepcm.com call 905-891-3474 or fax 905-486-1675 for information.
November 10, 2015
Advantagepcm.com online occupational health and safety center for all your workplace safety training. Occupational health and safety available 24/7 in 80 languages. Winter is about to start, are you ready? Occupational health and safety on-line training will help reduce the risk of a workplace injury. Start your on-line training before winter starts with slip, trip and fall training to reduce the risk of injury. Wear non slip shoes and boots, keep sidewalks free of snow and ice by removing it before production starts, this will reduce the risk of slips and falls. Ensure the workplace removes snow and ice from parking lots, walkways and from the plant and or buildings. Make sure you have winter tires on the car or truck, make sure your car or truck are ready for the winter driving conditions. Plant and building heating systems are cleaned with new filters installed. Check air make-up system to see they are working properly. Employers who own the building are responsible for salting and removing snow and ice from parking lots and walkways. Employers who lease should make sure snow and ice removal is written into lease agreement, one slip and fall could result in a workplace injury costing workers compensation cost of approximately $40,000.00 to $50,000.00. Occupational health and safety on-line will reduce the risk of workplace injury. APCM is your one stop shop for occupational health and safety training on-line 24/7 in 80 languages - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-891-3474, all employee needs is company credit card.
July 28, 2015
Worker – Revised Definition
- The definition of "worker" in subsection 1 (1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act is repealed and the following substituted:
"worker" means any of the following, but does not include an inmate of a correctional institution or like institution or facility who participates inside the institution or facility in a work project or rehabilitation program:
- A person who performs work or supplies services for monetary compensation.
- A secondary school student who performs work or supplies services for no monetary compensation under a work experience program authorized by the school board that operates the school in which the student is enrolled.
- A person who performs work or supplies services for no monetary compensation under a program approved b y a college of applied arts and technology, university or other post-secondary institution.
- A person who receives training from an employer, but who, under the Employment Standards Act, 2000, is not an employee for the purposes of that Act because the conditions set out in subsection 1 (2) of that Act have been met.
- Such other persons as may be prescribed who perform work or supply services to an employer for no monetary compensation.